Label: Soul Jazz Records - SJR CD345 • Format: CD Compilation • Country: UK • Genre: Funk / Soul • Style: Soul, Funk
· The Lost Queen of New Orleans Soul gathers most of her A-sides and B-sides from through , all of which came out on Allen Toussaint and Marshall Sehorn 's Sansu label, as well as both sides of a single released on SSS International. Harris had more commercial success with earlier output on Jubilee -- most notably her version of "Cry to Me," which went to number ten on the 7/
· new orleans. funk. Betty Harris (born , Orlando, Florida, United States) is an American soul singer. Her recording career in the s produced three hit singles that made the US Billboard R&B and Billboard Hot charts: "Cry to Me" (), "His Kiss" () and "Nearer to You.
· In the CD booklet you will see photos of Betty Harris with luminaries such as Sam Cooke, Tammi Terrell, "Little" Stevie Wonder, and even Muhammad Ali! Despite these famous friends, and Toussaint's magic touch, she never scored any big hits and retired from the music business in , wanting to raise a family and study business/5(33).
You may also like Various Artists – Allen Toussaint: Artist, Producer, Songwriter $ Add to cart Various Artists – New Orleans Gumbo (3CDs) $ Add to cart Betty Harris – The Lost Queen Of New Orleans Soul.
· Betty Harris ' solid s work with New Orleans songwriter and producer Allen Toussaint certainly deserved more audience and attention than it got at the time, and this fine compilation is the proof of that. Songs like "I Don't Want to Hear It," "Sometime," "Nearer to You" (which was a Top 40 R&B hit), and the stone-driving, funky "There's a Break in the Road" all show a solid soul singer .
- La Légende De Saint-Nicolas - Les Petits Chanteurs De Saint François DAssise De Saint-Maur - Untitle